Did you know that your deodorant/antiperspirant contains aluminum? Did you know that this active ingredient can hazardous to your health? Deodorants contain varying percentages of aluminum (averaging between 17-20%) in order to work as an antiperspirant, in order to diminish and block sweat from coming through your skin.
However, aluminum is linked to increasing the risk for Alzheimer’s, brain and respiratory disorders, along with cancer. In addition, these deodorants are designed to be absorbed by the skin meaning that the compounds are being absorbed directly into your body – yikes! If you’d like to find some aluminum free deodorant options to try, we’ve got you covered! See below for five options that you can easily purchase – and apply!
1. Tom’s of Maine Natural Long-Lasting Aluminum-Free Deodorant Stick– Tom’s of Maine is one of the more popular brands in the natural care market, and at around $5, this deodorant goes on clear, controls odor and works as an antiperspirant. It is also available in a variety of scents including apricot, lavender and honeysuckle rose.
2. Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant – Lavanila is a more expensive option ($18) and is available at Sephora and the brand’s website, lavanilla.com. This all natural deodorant is completely free of chemicals and comes in a a selection of scents. It is long-lasting and protects against odor but also has soothing properties via essential oils and anti-oxidants.
3. Burt’s Bees Outdoor Herbal Deodorant– If you like a spray deodorant, this is all you. The Outdoor Herbal Deodorant has an amazing sage, lemon, and lavender smell and continues to fight odor even on the most humid days. It is $8 and can be found at most drug stores, and at BurtsBees.com.
4. Arm & Hammer Essentials Natural Deodorant – Arm & Hammer is great if you are looking for a more unisex deodorant at an amazing price ($2). It also goes on clear so you don’t have to worry about accidentally marring your clothes with a chalky substance. You can conveniently pick this up at most mass and drug retailers -yippee!
5. Herbal Clear Natural Aluminum Free Deodorant– The Herbal Clear formula boasts tea tree oil and vitamin E to keep you irritation-free for long periods of time, and includes natural lichen, a botanical, to fight order-causing bacteria. The price varies from $2-$5,depending on the retailer, but it can be purchased online at drugstore.com and amazon.com. Herbal Clear also comes in various scents as well as a sport version.
Subscribe to Fashion Pulse Daily