Packing always produces a lot of self-induced anxiety, as the control freak in me refuses to allow a bag to be checked (even if it’s free), and the weakling in me won’t allow my carry on to get too heavy. My travel routine has condensed what I bring by way of electronics (use the phone as the camera and book storing device), but I’ve also been better about making sure I have just the right amount of versatile garments.
My most recent travels to the Bahamas with my best friend Jamie anticipated a few formal nights mixed with very casual, beachy days, and thus I coordinated practically everything to be interchangeable. As wellness is integral to our lifestyles and is part of our hotel, The Island House‘s mantra, we also needed to ensure that we had proper attire for the gym and/or fitness studio. The three vacation essential looks are the day-to-evening look, the athleisure-to-actual-workout look, and the poolside look.
Here’s a few of the ways that I did it:
- My workout pants were also my travel pants.
- One pair of shorts can double up in the gym and as a coverup.
- My workout top is ambiguous enough to also wear out during the day.
- The evening look is actually separates, and can be dressed down with shorts or a t-shirt.
- One pair of wedges in a color that matches everything in my suitcase.
- I always pack two bathing suits-more of a luxury than necessity!
- A cushioned, waterproof clutch can store my makeup while in-flight, and my sun essentials at the pool.
I’m no packing afficionado, but this certainly works for me. What’s your packing tip(s)? For more expert advice, see my friend Hitha’s blog, Hitha on the Go, for video tutorials on how to pack for a variety of occasions, including that dreaded carry-on suitcase!
In This Look (from top):
Sonia Rykiel Two-Piece Crop Top & Dress (Vintage)
Second & Third Looks:
Athleta Renew Tank (c/o)
Athleta Full Focus Bra (c/o)
Athleta Tights (c/o)
Vogue Cat Eye Sunglasses (c/o)