Using CATWALK® by TIGI Session Series™ Salt Spray and the Session Series Work It Hairspray (plus some pre-braided extensions), you’ll be channeling otherworldly, powerfully boho braided hair in no time! See below for the how-to steps:
- Begin by spritzing CATWALK by TIGI Session Series™ Salt Spray all over and make a center part from the hairline to the nape, sectioning the hair into two low ponytails.
- Using a flat brush and a bit of CATWALK by TIGI Session Series Work It Hairspray, smooth hair down and lock in the center part.
- With hair pins, secure the pre-made extension braid just behind the ear and cross over the crown. Repeat with a second pre-made braid in the opposite direction, crossing over the other braid to create an “X” formation on the head.
- Next, take out the ponytail elastics and start braiding the ends of the braids into each ponytail, using the traditional three-strand technique and adding in additional pieces of hair into the braid as you move down the hair length.
- Finish each side with an elastic, leaving a significant amount of un-braided hair below the elastic.
- Bring the two braids together, taking care to hide the pins and create the intertwined braids.
- Use fingers to gently tug out pieces of the braid to create an undone slightly lived-in look and finalize it with CATWALK by TIGI Session Series Work It Hairspray.