Q: What was the inspiration behind this look?
A: Sarah’s silver gown was definitely a factor in making her skin perfectly bronze and glowing. It was a nice contrast between the silver on her body and the golden hue on her skin (achieved with Vita Liberata Marula Oil Self Tanner).
Q: What are 3 do’s and 3 dont’s of self tanning?
A: – DO shower and exfoliate before self tanning.
– DON’T moisturize before self tanning.
– DO use a mitt to apply the self tanner for no streaks.
– DON’T use your hands to apply the product. You will more than likely leave streaks, and you can’t apply the product fast enough all over your body before it stains your hands. A big mess!
– DO use proper moisturizers that don’t break down the tan, but actually prolong your color (like Vita Liberata Moisture Boost Body Treatment).
– DONT use products like baby oil or lotions with greasiness because your color will disappear fast!
Q: Is there a specific skin care routine you should go through while wearing self tanner?
A: Avoid using scrubs and shower oils. After showering, hydrate your skin, but with the proper moisturizers that don’t strip the tanner.
Q: What are the best makeup products to use to compliment a tanned look?
A: With a tan complexion, a beautiful peach or coral blush and a peach stain or lip balm will give you a perfect, healthy glow!
All Vita Liberata products can be purchased online at www.vitaliberatausa.com.