Outside of saving a ton of money and not having to leave the comfort of my apartment, at-home hair coloring hasn’t exactly felt like I was giving myself a luxury treatment. Until now. My favorite line with which to color my hair, Clairol’s Natural Instincts, has been my go-to for years because of its ammonia-free nature and uses 80% naturally-derived ingredients, and now it has upgraded pretty much everything about it while still maintaining the extremely reasonable $7.99 (suggested) price point.
The new stuff includes:
- the breakthrough allergy-gentle moleculeME+, created to reduce the risk of new color allergies without compromising on color
- a new nondrip crème color application (which is opaque white so if you do spill and wipe it up quickly, no harm, no foul!)
- eco-friendly, FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) registered packaging and PVC-free plastic bottles
- plastic gloves are packaged individually (previously were attached to the instructions)
- thorough instructions, diagrams, and pictures to make coloring your own hair foolproof
Until these new changes were implemented, I didn’t realize what I was missing from a demi-permanent at-home formula, mainly that it could be an easier, more enjoyable experience for me with a few small changes. I’m loving the new Natural Instincts, and I’m sure you will too!
And I haven’t had a chance to try it yet, but just in case it’s of interest: Clairol also launched a new at-home root touch up product, the Clairol’s new Root Touch Up Color Blending Gel, a semi-permanent root solution that blends in with your current color and starts to fade over the course of 10 days with no mixing required or residue left behind.
Full Disclosure: Natural Instincts provided a professional courtesy coloring and kits for Fashion Pulse Daily’s editorial consideration.