All day today, PDA is MORE than okay; it’s in fact demanded! So why am I asking for you to engage in PDA (public display of affection)? There’s nothing that can substitute for a human touch, and Nivea is making a big effort to promote a more affectionate world via PDA Day, (today, June 20th)— now that’s something I can stand behind! There are events going on across the country to promote the event and bring awareness such as Eucerin’s PDA Day event today in NYC from 8am-11am in Herald Square, and at The Grove in LA from 5:30-8:30pm (see here to find the city closest to you). Join in the Million Moments of Touch Movement; it’s cool to grab your significant other, and plant a big smooch on them, hold hands, hug, walk arm and arm – any way you feel most comfortable displaying affection out in the open.
Couldn’t you imagine what a great place NYC, or your metropolis would be if people were a little more into PDA, which would probably make them happier, which would then make them more outgoing and gracious, and do away with the term “rude New Yorker”? See how great things start off small? “It takes two to make a thing go right to make it out of sight–” these Rob Base lyrics sure resonate with today (and apologies for getting this 1988 song stuck in your head!).
In honor of the day, here’s some fun facts, courtesy of NIVEA:
- Since summer proves to be when most PDA occurs, NIVEA chose the first day of summer, today, to celebrate national PDA day – cute!
- NIVEA commissioned a study with a professor of Human Connection at the Arizona State University, research and garner a deeper understanding of how today’s fast-paced lifestyle impacts touch, relationships and intimacy — he discovered the following four surprising facts:
- “Americans do, in fact, touch each other less than people in many other cultures around the world.”
- “We touch our cell phones more often than we touch each other.”
- “PDA and touch are powerful forces: they can soothe stress, bring solace, help nurture, instill trust, spread good will and generally do a world of good for those who touch and are touched in return.”
- “Americans go on more date nights during the summer than at other times of the year.”
- NIVEA is all about the power of touch, as their m.o. is to create products with touch in mind – that they feel great upon application, perform well, and the way they leave you wanting to “Touch and Be Touched.”
- NIVEA launched the Million Moments of Touch Movement – its aim is to get “touch” back out fashion! AND: NIVEA is giving away one date night a day, for the entire year, to continue the affection beyond one day (head to the site for more details and enter via NIVEA’s Facebook page).
- On NIVEA’s National PDA Day Chart, at the moment (as of 1230pm, EST) the “most affectionate city per capita” is currently Columbia, Mo!
Full Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, in which Fashion Pulse Daily/Julia DiNardo has received compensation for her time involved and content posted for in this campaign.