Patterns and prints can feel so timeless, while also feeling fresh at the same time. Each season new interpretations of the hottest prints are showcased on the runway. Following are the most on-trend, favorite prints for Fall 2011 that we can’t wait to wear!
1. Plaid – The classic school uniform print has gone from good girl to edgy. Plaid can be oh-so chic on and off the runway. Seen on scarves, bags, pants, ponchos and more, this pattern is always appropriate for fall weather.
2. Polka Dot – A “spot-on” trend right now, polka dots are DEFINITELY making a fashion-forward statement. Marc Jacobs set the tone with his head to toe dotted looks, however for a more realistic approach try micro dot polka dot tights, a sheer polka dot blouse, or even a blazer. This retro-inspired look has proven to be modern one whether done in bright colors or more neutral tones.
3. Animal: Snakeskin– Take a walk on the wild side with an animal print as exotic snakeskin was all over the runways! If you’re feeling really daring, try a snakeskin in a bright hue! We prefer faux, and think overall the style and sheen can be oh so SSS-sexy.
4. Tweed – I can’t fathom Chanel without its signature tweeds, however, this classic look does not have to be all business all of the time. The glory of tweed is in its wearability, lasting you for years to come! Be it blazers, skirts, sweaters, clutches, or shoes, tweed is a smart choice because of its permanent high-fashion appeal.
5. Watercolor -Fall 2011 has a lot to do with the bright, the bold, and the beautiful when it comes to washes of color. Be on the lookout for watercolor inspired floral prints, photo prints, geometric prints, and vintage paisleys on blouses, pants, accessories, and more. Channel your inner artist be creating your own color story via mixing and matching!
Subscribe to the Fashion Pulse Daily Newsletter!