Summer BBQs mean burgers, beers and mmm — s’mores! Backyard lounging calls for laid back style that can seamlessly transition from warm days to cool nights. Turn your upcoming backyard 4th of July festivities into a deceptively simple. fashionable evening affair with cutoffs, loose blouses, easy dresses and, of course, some patriotic flair.
The first look (above) is casual, but still put-together. Flirty shorts and a feminine blouse look edgy when paired with clog-like wedges. A straw tote is perfect for packing all of your day to night essentials, with a cardigan included included in the mix.
1. Free People Turquoise Floral Denim Cut Off, $68 via Zappos.com
2. Staring at Stars Embroidered Open-Back Blouse, $59 via UrbanOutfitters.com
3. Straw Market Tote Bag, $150 via Lands’ End
4. Jeffrey Campbell Relay City Suede Sandals, $75 via Polyvore.com
This second look is semi-nautical, semi-Hamptons with stripes and and pops of belted color. Friendship bracelets and a classy watch are the ideal accessories for keeping the look young and fresh. Flat sandals are a must when on your feet, but the slight heel makes this pair a bit more party-ready.
1. Heeled Sandals with Ball Details. $49.99 via Zara.com
2. Forever 21 Double Buckle Belt, $4.80 via Forever21.com
3. Stripe Vest Dress by Boutique, $140 via Topshop.com
4. ASOS Leather Look Plait Watch, $33.14 via ASOS.com
5. French Connection Friendship Bracelet, $12.43 via ASOS.com
6. Pieces Gova Friendship Bracelet, $4.97 via ASOS.com