[Lustr image from iTunes.com]
“Apps,” or application software, are designed to aid users in specific tasks. The majority of the time, when referencing apps, we are referring to the programs made specifically for our mobile phones. As our phones become sophisticated, naturally so do the applications. If you want to stay on top of fashion trends, synthesize coverage and news feeds, or maintain your virtual closet, we’ve got the app for you! The following list rounds up our 10 most lauded apps. They’re simply too cool to pass up!
1. ThisNext.com, an independent social shopping platform, partnered with luxury retailer Neiman Marcus to launch ShoeDish, an innovative Facebook application that allows users to catalog their favorite shoes and share interests and purchases with others. ShoeDish is the first product-based application dedicated solely to shoes.
2. Emergency Medical Center Locator (EMCL) is an application designed to save your life, literally. The EMCL app directs you to the closest medical center in time of dire emergency, while also targeting the best-qualified care for your specific emergency. The app offers recommendations for six specialty areas: trauma, stroke, eye pediatric, cardiac, and burn. This internationally accessible application may not be fashion oriented, but it is crucial when time is of the essence.
3. Style.com: The Style.com FREE iPhone app provides it all: in depth coverage of runway shows, fashion feedback, designer collections, and hot international party scenes. The iPad app includes all of this and more. Get your fashion on the go.
4. Chicfeed: If you’re anything like us at FPD, you’re constantly browsing a number of sites for fashion related info, images and inspiration. So why not bring together all of your favorite feeds in one place? Chicfeed is absolutely genius for fashion eye candy as it compiles images from our favorite blogs and puts them all on one site.
5. Are you a shoe addict? iShoes is an app to satisfy the Carrie Bradshaw in all of us. Browse 50,000 + shoes, shop now or later, or create a wishlist. iShoes even alerts you when a shoe is on sale!
6. If shoes aren’t your thing, maybe bags are! iBags delivers 20,000 + bags right to your phone. When you find one you love, select the bag and get details and retailers who sell it. There’s nothing wrong with loving both shoes AND bags however.
7. Trendstop.com‘s Trendtracker helps track and forecast trends. This app is superb for fashion and creative professionals who want to be on the cutting edge. With everything from magazine news to global street style, Trendtracker is spot on. Available for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry.
8. Lustr is for the NYC girl who needs to be in-the-know. The Lustr Fashion Finder app tells you where to find stores, brands, sample sales, trunk shows and all fashion-related events near you!
9. My Style Fashion Assistant: It’s your virtual closet! Simply take pictures of all items in your closet enabling you to scroll through and create head-to-toe original outfits. A fashion organizer and a personal stylist, this app has been called a “time-saver” for making getting dressed quicker and easier.
10. The ShopStyle app is ideal when looking for a specific fashion item. Are you craving a lavender pastel peplum dress? Whatever it may be, simply enter it into the search and let ShopStyle browse for you. All the stores and styles you love in one place: talk about fashion luxury!
Subscribe to the FashionPulseDaily Newsletter!