[image via tartecosmetics.com]
I apply my makeup early morning, so by the end of these brutal heat-wave-days, it seems as if I’ve been wiped clean (or worse yet- totally absorbed it all into my skin). I want my beauty routine to be about ease, with freshness being a top priority. Summer beauty may be different, but shouldn’t be a chore. With these five products in constant tow, we can readily beat the hot summer days and look gorgeously invigorated even at night!
1. No one’s face is naturally shiny, and this is why I love a matte bronzer. This (above) Tarte Matte Waterproof Bronzer, $29 via Ulta.com, can defeat the humidity that seems to want to challenge every bit of bronzer you brush on. Plus, this doubles as a contouring powder-score!
[image via Sephora.com]
2. Lip color really pops against a nice summer glow. However, we want our lips to stay moisturized too. To achieve this plumped, hydrated and perfectly tinted lip, we suggest trying Tarte’s Glamazon Pure Performance 12 Hour Lipstick., $26 via Sephora.com. The clay formula works to nourish and restore lips, and the reds and pinks will become insta-faves.
[image via stilacosmetics.com]
3. Cover up any imperfections with tinted moisturizer. This dream product works to simplify any skin care regime, while giving your skin the dewy finish you crave – and no, sweat does not equal dewy. The lightweight, sheer formula of Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20, $34, is all you’ll need for the entire weekend.
[image via maybelline.com]
4. If you don’t have a waterproof mascara, do us a favor and hussle to the nearest drugstore to purchase one. This is a summer must, and we know we’re not the first to tell you this. Try Maybelline’s New York Volum’Expres Turbo Boost Waterproof Mascara, about $6.50, or semi-splurge on Lancome’s Hypnose Waterproof, a $26 version that will hold your curl.
[image via Clinique.com]
5. Finally, if you’re looking for eyeliner that lasts, try Clinique’s Brush On Cream Liner, $15. The gorgeous black, brown and grey shades are ideal for everyday of the week; just swipe on a thicker line for more oomph later in the evening. Say hello to summery, smoky eyes!
Can your makeup hold up to the heat? If so, let us know what you’re using!
Subscribe to the Fashion Pulse Daily Newsletter!