Earth day is here, and more than ever, we need to think about what we can each do to show a little love for Mother Earth and be a little more gentle with how we think about consumption and disposal.
Here are a few ways you can stay fashionable and earth-friendly all year long -some of these might be “duh!” but a little reminder every now and then doesn’t hurt anybody:
1) Read the label-where is the product made, does it include any organic or recycled fibers? A great brand to check out: Alternative Apparel.
2) Support fledgling, eco-friendly brands and designers.
3) Shop Etsy.com, shop vintage, and try to reduce your dry cleaning. Wash by hand, using products such a Woolite when possible.
4) Donate your too big/too small/never worn/wear too infrequently apparel items to resale shops; those in need will appreciate it more than your closet!
5) Fix clothes that may need a slight makeover, like getting shoes resoled or those stiletto “tips” put on, instead of trashing them and getting new items.
Got a eco-friendly fashion tip? Let us know!