The things I do for the sake of journalism! Fascinated by the creation of a new product category that gives you imitation nails not for your fingers but for your toes, I was too curious not to experiment with the new trend; like I’ve said before, I will try anything once! The Revlon Perfect Pedicure Kit, around $8, includes a generous amount of nails, insanely strong glue, and some sticker decals if you want to add a bit of nail art to your custom toenails. I chronicled my experience testing out the artificial toe nails, with ‘before’ and ‘after’ pics, and a play by play of the application.
- Read the instructions on the back of the pack – kind of worried about setting the toenails on perfectly the first time around (since the glue is so strong you don’t get a second chance)
- I guess my toenails are kind of tiny; spent about eight minutes matching up which faux nails should go with each toenail
- Applied the glue to BOTH the toenail and artificial nail as suggested; the glue pours very easily and is very thin and clear – I like this
- Wow, this glue is insanely strong; I had some left on my finger and while I did the recommended pressing of the nail for five seconds, I almost glued my finger to it as well!
- Three nails done – it’s hard to get used to looking at my toes look so shiny and polished; boyfriend stops by the bathroom to see what’s going on and laughs
- My fingers are more than just a little sticky – at least three of them now are coated on the tips with glue -oops! I should have been more careful when I started applying these! Debating whether to stop and use acetone nail polish remover on my fingers or keep going…
- I decided to go full throttle and decided to finish the job with my sticky fingers
- Nails complete! Total time: 20 minutes Average NYC time for a pedicure: 40 minutes How do they look? Real? Would you try it? Of note: do not wear nails for more than 7-10 days, and soak in acetone nail polish to let the nails dissolve for removal — do not try to rip or break them off. I DO have THREE EXTRA Sets: if you would be willing to write a few sentences about your experience and what you think about them, and send in some ‘before’ and ‘after pics’, I would be glad to send you a complimentary pair! The first three readers to post that they want them in the comments section below will get them!