[All images via LensCrafters]
Perhaps with the back-to-school shopping frenzy, you may be itching for a new pair of frames. Where do you start, and how do you know you are investing in a silhouette that won’t be a quick fad, and not to mention, be the best selection for your face shape and complexion? Being an eyeglass wearer for 16 years myself, these are all questions that weigh on my mind. Luckilu, we’ve got Sherry Pounds, Vice President of Product for LensCrafters, to give Fashion Pulse Daily the lowdown on popular trends, picking the best frame for your face, and knowing the proper fit.
Major Eyeglass Trends
- The trends with staying power that we are seeing are retro shapes, colored frames, embellishment and mixed materials.
- With the popularity of television show and movies set in past decades, retro styles are making a comeback this season. The collections are showing a trend in round eyewear, a unique look for both men and women that works best at softening square or angular faces. Retro shapes are increasing in popularity with the semi-rimless style reminiscent of the 60’s era. In addition, the cat eye has seen a major resurgence in recent years and has quickly become a classic style for optical wearers. Nearly every eyewear collection this season includes a cat eye style.
- Color has been a major trend throughout 2012 and eyewear is no exception. Your eyewear is the perfect accessory to add a pop of color to your look. We’re seeing everything from bright bold colors to soft pastels. When choosing the right frame, remember to select a color that works best with your skin, hair and eye color. Your eyewear should complement your personal coloring.
- Over the top embellishments were a key trend on the runways; this translates to eyewear with the precious metal detailing and embellishments on the sides of several frame styles. Whether it is a logo detail, knots, bows or jewels, the eye-catching embellishments and ornamentation on both optical and sunglass frames are calling for more attention this season.
- This year we’ve seen accessories, jewelry, and clothing designed with a combination of metals, animal prints, leather and many other unexpected combinations. The fall eyewear collections are also mixing materials to add to the latest fashion trend. The trend brings an extra bit of luxury by adding style and texture with the use of unexpected materials.