- Super Kawaii Mama – A cracking interview with a very worthy girl crush – Amelia Arsenic!
- Style Symmetry – Seven Questions with Susie of Style Bubble!
- Solo Lisa – Canadian jewelry line DESIGN + CONQUER puts a bold, quirky spin on the meaning of geek chic
- The Coveted – Win a $250 gift certificate for Avelle (formerly Bag, Borrow or Steal) luxury handbags!
- Agent Dreamer – Hearts Idil Vice
- Tickle the Blog – Make your existing make-up into summer beauty must-haves!
- Ono Lady – Too cool for school, NYLON magazine have just recently celebrated their 10th anniversary
- Dramatis Personae – Ashe Mischief Asks Herself “Why Develop Your Wardrobe’s Color Palette?”
- fete a fete – Guerlain’s new summer Terracotta lip glosses, Fard Indien, and the new Rouge G lipstick!
- The Capitola Fashionista – The 15 Must Have Sandals for this Summer
- Style With Anna – The Hottest Swimwear and Bikini Trends for Spring/Summer 2009
- A Few Goody Gumdrops – is giving away a Hana Elite Ceramic Flat Iron for Mother’s Day. Enter to Win!
- Capitola Girl – So ready for summer on The Devil Wears Etsy
- Two Thousand Things – Celebrity Walk-In Wardrobes and some pictures for reference
- The Curvy Fashionista – A Curvy Fashionista declaring her fashionable existence in a straight world
- The Fashion Grail – Get Miranda Kerr’s look for less!
- Misslikey – my view on the night at Met’s
- Fashion Pulse Daily – Khaki goes beyond its preppy stigma with the new Gap designer collaboration
- Brick My Lane – DIY: how to make an “organic” spike Rock’n’Roll belt
May 7, 2009
December 4, 2008
The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show aired this Wednesday, and as always, it gave us motivation to go to the gym, and showed us how to spice up our lingerie with random items like flowered lattice! Perhaps this is why the craft queen, Martha Stewart was in the audience.
This year one of the most prominent trends on the glittering runway was greek goddess meets Xena Warrior Princess. Adriana Lima sported arm cuffs, Karolina Kurkova wore a leather half-corset, and most of the models’ legs were laced up with ribbons. This style was a departure from the typical cute and glitzy looks seen in previous years.
Of course if the Victoria Secret models were to be any sort of actual Greek warrior, it would most likely be Athena. Cue the long and flowing sheer drapery — Miranda Kerr’s gold leaf necklace, and Alessandra Ambrosio’s gold wings. Still, no Victoria Secret Fashion Show would be complete without Heidi Klum strutting around with a giant, twinkling, pink bow attached to her back! But our favorite part of the show? Watching Marisa Miller cure her pre-show nerves with a chocolate glazed doughnut! We loved watching silly backstage moments like these amidst the runway footage. It showed us that maybe we’re not so different from angels afterall!