Are you ready to show some leg? If so, the shorts trend is made for you. As versatile as can be, shorts are EVERYWHERE for the summer season! Whether paired with a crisp blazer to create a chic suited look or made more casual with a cropped tee, the shorts spectrum expands a broad horizon that any and all should explore.
We’ve conjured up a list of our our top ten favorite shorts that are sure to transform easily into your summer wardrobe.
1. Peep the multi-colored Alice + Olivia short-shorts (above) and tell me you’re not in lust. Pair with some retro shades for a look that is all around fun!
[BB Dakota Chanton Draped Pocket Shorts via Shopbop.com, $65]
2. The high waist and the draping make this hot pink BB Dakota pair totally covetable, and the oversize pocket is the cherry on top.
[Bungalow Stripe Panorama Shorts via Madewell.com, $59.50]
3. Tailored shorts, like these from Madewell, are the new day to night transition piece. Top these off with a tee or tank for some day time sauntering about. Or mix a printed top (yep, with stripes!) for a look that’s polished, but decidedly not stuffy.
[Zara Flower Print Shorts, $39.90]
4. Think outside of the shorts box with a bold floral print. This Zara pair screams tropical getaway minus the kitschy Hawaiian shirt vibe. We especially would love to see these with a neutral-hued platform, flatform, or wedge.
5. A rugged approach to the quintessentially classic white short has us thankful that Memorial Day has passed. We are ready to bring on white shorts in the baddest of ways with fraying and Baja woven details.
[Nasty Gal Good Times Cutoff Shorts, $78]
6. These ombré, distressed cutoffs are just insanely cool. Be fast and furious with a tank or sweeten things up just a tiny bit with a delicate blouse. Let the good times roll…
[Nasty Gal Indian Summer Cutoff Shorts, $98]
7. Have you gotten the tribal memo yet? If not, it’s about time you adopt this sizzling hot summer trend. Add these to your bevy of bottoms and say buh-bye to plain, boring denim.
[T by Alexander Wang Striped French Terry Shorts via Shopbop.com, $125]
8. Striped terry cloth shorts…Alexander Wang always knows how to make sporty radically chic — and comfy. These are so far from the basic gym short, you’ll be itching to pair them with a killer pair of heels.
[French Connection Mimosa Mist Mini Short, $188]
9. Pop on these sequin minis, and your evening out just got that much sexier. Who needs a skirt when you have dazzling shorts?! Expect others to drool.
[Elizabeth and James Striped Ozzy Shorts via Shopbop.com, $185.50]
10. These Elizabeth and James Striped Ozzy Shorts boast the best nautical look yet. The pop of mint green pushes these outside your classic comfort zone, and yet these can be worn with just about anything. Try a chambray top or a structured blazer to rock the boat a bit.
Are you ready to ditch dresses and skirts for summer’s trendy shorts?
Susbcribe to the Fashion Pulse Daily Newsletter