[All backstage images by Julia DiNardo]
The Show: Rebecca Minkoff for Spring 2013
The Theme: Inspired by 60s and 70s photographs by Slim Aarons
The Color Palette: vibrant reds, indigo, corals, creams, dove grey, and mint.
Best/Collection’s Signature Standout Look: All of the handbags and footwear are certainly must-haves, but the most striking were the white slightly belled denim with blue or red embroidery paneling down the entire sides (see below).
Backstage Beauty for Rebecca Minkoff Spring 2013
- Start by applying TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray and TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse throughout the hair and power dry with fingers for texture
- Smooth out ends with a Mason Pearson brush
- Take random sections of hair and using a 1” barrel curling iron, create curls through the mid-lengths, making sure to leave the ends out
- Use the flat iron to straighten ends and give the beachy texture a polished finish
- Spray lightly with TRESemmé Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo for a matte look
- Create a middle part with a comb and finish with a dime size amount of TRESemmé Smooth & Silky Anti-Frizz Secret Crème to fingertips, raking through the hair from roots to ends