The Oscars, also known as the Academy Awards, are held annually in honor of cinematic excellence. Why not bestow awards for sartorial grandeur as well? We tuned in to choose our best dressed (in random order).
[Image via CelebMoon.com]
1. Jessica Chastain in McQueen: Jessica looked utterly gorgeous in a black and copper strapless gown of stunning hand embroidery. Her fair complexion and half-up hairstyle were equally as divine, as was the fact that she brought her Nana along for the evening!
[image via CelebBuzz.com]
2. Rose Byrne in Vivienne Westwood: This midnight blue one-shoulder embellished number was quite the contrast from the much-talked about Elie Saab white jumpsuit Rose recently wore to the SAG Awards. We think she nailed it, yet again, proving that everything we know and love about elegant monochromatic looks reigns true. Did you catch a glimpse of her Chanel fine jewelry as well? To.die.for.
[image via PopSugar.com]
3. Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton: Coral, peplum, cascading ruffles to the floor…this dress is perfection in many ways. We adore Michelle’s choice to to top it all off with dainty jewelry.
[image via PopSugar.com]
4. Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford: Rather amazingly, Gwyneth pulled off a cape on the Red Carpet. Could she have been any more statuesque in this all white structured look? The gown was modern-feminine, and the cape was menswear-distinguished in a way that only she knows how to own. OUR WINNER.
[image via Celebrity-gossip.net]
5. Cameron Diaz in Gucci: That peachy color and ever-so-slight sequin detail looked so fun and fresh. The skin tight strapless bodice and floor trailing ruffles really upped the glam factor, all the while maintaining Cameron’s one of a kind dynamic personality.
[image via JustJared.com]
6. Angelina Jolie in Versace: Once again she looked untouchable in an all-black fantastic gown. The super high slit showed a lot of leg, while the pop of volume at the hips pleasantly surprised us. And that red lip…swoon.
Who do you deem the supreme head turner?
Subscribe to the FashionPulseDaily Newsletter!
My personal favorite – Number 2, Rose Byrne in Vivienne Westwood. She never gets it wrong!
I loved Michelle Williams’ look–everything about it was right. But Jessica Chastain’s dress struck me as “old Versace” (sorry, vintage…ahem). Angelina Jolie’s OVERT “Look at how sexy I am” seemed pathetic, not sexy at all (plus, she is looking more and more like she has an eating disorder), same goes for Rose Byrne: loved the dress, didn’t love that she looked like “a toothpick in a dress.” Gwyneth is a star and she constantly reinforces that with her choices. Perfection (albeit model-thin, not even actress-thin!). Cameron just looked…meh…It just seemed like it had been done before a thousand times. I loved Penelope Cruz–class, ladylike, a real movie star! I’m not trying to sound like a “hater” but Hollywood’s obsesssion with THIN is pretty scary and not healthy in any way.
lol, I liked hers; maybe I have a thing for ‘old Versace’! 🙂
[…] came luxe textiles in velvet and fur, layer upon layer. In addition to the aesthetic appeal, flirty peplums and intricate embellishments added a warmer feel to such assertive prints. Go ahead and wear Peter […]