We all have good intentions when it comes to gift-giving, but sometimes time just slips away and you find yourself only a few days out from the big occasion and scrambling! As a new parent, I’ve found that Target has rapidly become my end all, be-all, and shopping for special gifts is no exception. It really has everything! I’ve pulled my top gifts for dad from the retailer that you have grown to love and trust, and conveniently has tons of locations so that you don’t need to nervously wait for something to arrive in the mail by Saturday. See below for my top Target pics for dad, which range from apparel and accessories to grooming and gadgets.
1) Duke Cannon does such a nice job with its product line, producing quality items with catchy slogans and graphics in cool packaging. Additionally, a portion of the proceeds benefit U.S. Veterans. Spoil dad with the Father of the Year Shave Kit (it includes the brand’s awesome lip balm) or the News Anchor 2-in-1 Hair Wash in Tea Tree Formula.
2) Rebels Refinery is another great ‘cool dad’ brand that makes handy dandy products that dad is sure to get a lot of use out of such as the Dirty Boy Bamboo Wipes, perfect for his gym bag, or the Rebels Refinery Wealth of Man Organic Oil Bar Soap, which already comes hand-wrapped in a twine and wax-sealed package (hint: no wrapping required!).
3) I recently wrote about the slides sandal trend with a focus on women’s offerings, but there’s no reason why dad can’t partake in the trend as well! Heck, it will probably be nostalgic for him, remembering the first time he had a pair in the ’90s. A perfect gift in anticipation of a beach vacation or simply a summer full of fun. I like the Rickey Slide Sandals – Goodfellow & Co in White
4) As long as dad is a good sport about it, you may want to get him/the family matching t-shirts! Target actually has a ‘family outfits‘ section (see here for my favorite), which means you can fully coordinate your family’s look to your heart’s desire. Don’t forget to snap a photo!
5) You most likely contribute to keeping dad on the go, so the MyCharge SimplePower Portable Charger is a thoughtful gift for him to never lose ‘juice’ when it comes to his phone battery level. it also comes with a carabiner to strap to a bag or set of keys; just don’t let dad affix it to his belt loop!
6) Gifts that involve others and build community are always a good idea, hence the Kelsyus Premium Bocce Ball set will gather family and friends to a good-natured competition while the super lightweight (it’s only two pounds!) Travel Chair Urban Outdoor Pack Tite Chair in Blue brings lounging anywhere and everywhere to new levels.