Ahh, spring break… A recess from (school) work means quality time with your self, the sun, and a frozen strawberry daiquiri. Doesn’t it sound divine? I can practically feel the warm sand between my toes as I prepare to embark on my own getaway. Here’s to packing light and simultaneously creating a dream destination wardrobe with our top ten must-haves when vacationing.
1. Maxi Dress – The maxi dress is here to stay for a while, in its full, unstudied elegance. This Daftbird scoop neck, racer back version in a heather gray is ideal for layering over a bikini or pairing with wedges and statement jewelry at night. It says laid back and sexy with its fantastic seam detailing, without appearing overdone.
2. Wedge – Stacked platform wedges are every woman’s best friend when traveling. They offer comfortable support, provide perfect height, lengthen legs, and come in a variety of neutrals (as seen above with a dash of metallic), colors, and patterns. They’ll easily transition you from day to night as they compliment a plethora of ensembles. Your feet will love and thank you!
3. Beach Hat – While we love a little sun-kissed glow, wrinkles will never be on trend. Get the proper dose of Vitamin D with this adorable floppy straw hat. It’s glamorous, yet low key and will pull any beach look together.
4. Tunic– Tunics are almost too versatile, which is why you absolutely must bring along this fun frock. Try this as a cover up alone, pair it with shorts, or rock it with your skinny white/pastel jeans. No matter which way you work it, tunics are classic and cool. We adore this color-blocked version from JCrew, a total bargain, above!
5. Colorful Clutch -Brighten up your summer neutrals with this rainbow bright accessory, a vivid clutch. Pair with neutrals for color that pops, or with brights for a look that’s powerfully illuminating. These small accessories are a HUGE trend right now!
Basic Sandal via Zara.com, $35.90
6. Flat Sandal – A flat sandal will still leave you looking impeccably dressed. They can look carefree, but also polished with nearly everything in your luggage. Try them with your bikini on the beach or toughen up a flowy mini dress with our favorite, a leather pair. The quandary of what to wear on your feet has been forever solved.
7. Bikini – I mean, this goes without saying. You haven’t been hitting the gym since New Years for nothing. Be confident in a bold print or keep things simple with a basic black suit. Take a cue from the model and stack some bangles on your wrist for a fun, tropical vibe.
8. Jean Shorts -Bring on the jorts. There is just something we crave about this destroyed high-waist cutoff pair, but a more tailored version will certainly suffice. We see it with a cropped tank and your platforms or your tunic and flats!
9. Shades – Easily the best accessory to have on hand is a great pair of sunglasses. Not only are these incredibly important for protecting your eyes, but eyewear makes even the plainest of getups seem luxe. Find a pair that flatters your face, enhances your personality and brings the celeb out of you. (We’re currently lusting over these Tom Ford iconic cat-eyes.)
10. Statement Jewelry– All vacation looks require some ornamentation. We’re not talking beads in the hair, but rather try an arm stacked full of beaded strands or a geometric necklace that stands on its own. Beachy baubles are always fun. Try eye-catching hues and unexpected metallic shades to accentuate your look.
Bon voyage you fashionable jetsetters!
Subscribe to the FashionPulseDaily Newsletter!