- The Store: Target and target.com
- The (Online) Store: Amazon.com
- The Brand: LORAC Cosmetics
November 19, 2011
From our friend at thefind.com:
While bright coral bags were the hot accessory of the summer, the fall has lent itself to a richer must-have handbag hue! Deep wine-colored bags are decking the department store racks and e-shelves, serving as a new elegant everyday accessory that makes a statement without verging on too loud. Think of it as the perfect cold-weather neutral tone to go with all your new fall and winter wardrobe! Choose a slouchy messenger-style satchel like this Melie Bianco ‘Ariana’ cross-body bag, or buckle up with something more sleek, square, and streamlined like this Lanvin Leather Tote in a rich merlot hue. If you’re looking for a take-everything bag that can be used at work, during the weekend, and beyond, look no further than the Diane von Furstenberg ‘Elaine’ Leather Shoulder Bag which has loads of compartments for all your loot. And lastly, if you’re on the prowl for the perfect mini clutch, this multi functional Vera Bradley Flap ID in Wine in wine provides a classy alternative to the more severe black and metallic versions!
– Alex Gambardella
To celebrate this season of giving, our friends at Vera Bradley are giving away a $250 Gift Card to one lucky winner. Simply go to TheFind’s Facebook Giveaway page here to enter! As a special early holiday treat Vera Bradley is offering FREE Shipping on orders of $100+ through 11/19/11.
October 25, 2011
Just when we finally have mastered our skinnies, wide leg pants have made their comeback and resurfaced in a major way on the runways. I finally bought a pair of wide leg jeans and in wearing them, felt a renewed and revived sense of style! In order to make your look appear effortless when transitioning to this new shape, we are offering up some of our best tips on wearing… scratch that– rocking wide leg pants.
How to Rock Your Wide Leg Pants:
1. Length– The pants should not be dragging along the ground, but ideally should not be any higher than an inch off the floor either (when wearing heels or flats). You’ll want your cute shoes to peek out, yet not be completely on display.
2. Tops– Stick to form-fitting tops or something you can tuck in. A cropped jacket adds structure. It’s best to define the waist (belts look great with wide legs!). The width and span of fabric is on the bottom of the silhouette, and the goal is to keep it that way.
3. Shoes – Any excuse to wear heels and I’ll take it, however, not everyone feels that way. If you’re comfortable rocking flats (especially if you’re tall with super, long legs then go for it), do it, just remember our rule #1 with length-. For this look, the only absolute NO is a pointy toed shoe. Stick to a rounded toe or open toe pumps or wedges or platforms that are slightly retro without being too literal.
4. Accessories – The pants are making a statement on their own, so it’s best to keep accessories minimal. This doesn’t mean you can’t pair your wide legs with a sleek clutch for night or a structured handbag for day or chunky bangle bracelets. Just don’t go into costumey, overkill mode with too much.
5. Vibe– Wide leg trousers are appropriate for the office, but can also be funky and retro. It’s up to you to decipher the mood you are going for, and what is appropriate. For a business vibe, tuck in a classic, crisp button up. For an edgier look, try a cropped jacket or a simple tee. No matter what look you are aiming for, just be confident in your stride.
Subscribe to the Fashion Pulse Daily Newsletter!